The Address Book

Weird. That’s how it felt writing my son’s address in my address book. You see, he headed off to college over the week-end. For the first time in his life, he now has his own address and for the first time in my life, his name is written in my address book.

As I was writing his name in my address book, I glanced at the page. Many addresses were smudged a bit due to the erasing. You see, I only write in pencil. I guess you can say, my address book is a place of transition. I have found that the simplest questions such as where do you live, who do you live with, and what is your name, are really questions that have multiple answers in a lifetime.

When I look at his name in my book, I wonder where life will take him. Will he have a name written next to his? Where will he live? Will he have children?

As the years go by, my address book will tell his story too for it tells the story of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Invitation

The Gift

Giving it All